Fish and vege stir-fry
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 600g skinless white fish fillets, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine
- 3 tablespoons cornflourcornstarchX
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 2 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, sliced
- ¾ cup snow peas or green beans, trimmed, halved
- 1 bunch (250g) gai lan or Chinese Broccoli, cut into 4cm lengths
- ¼ cup plum sauce (see tips)
- 250g pouch microwavable brown basmati rice
Total fat 11g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 In a large bowl, combine fish, garlic, ginger and cooking wine. Sprinkle over cornflour and toss fish to coat.
2 In a large wok or non-stick frying pan, heat half of the oil over high. Swirl to coat the base. Cook fish strips in batches for 30 seconds, or until just golden and lightly crisp. Remove and set aside on a paper towel.
3 Heat remaining oil in the pan. Stir-fry carrot, capsicum and courgette for 1-2 minutes. Add snow peas and gai lan. Stir-fry for a further 1-2 minutes, or until veges are tender but still crisp.
4 Return fish to the pan. Drizzle with plum sauce and toss gently to warm through. Meanwhile, heat rice following packet instructions. Divide stir-fry among 4 bowls and serve with steamed rice.
Make it gluten free: Check cornflour and plum sauce are gluten free.
Find plum sauce in most supermarkets.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.