Fish and fennel stew
- oil spray
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large bulb fennel (or 2 baby bulbs), trimmed, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup (80ml) white wine
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup salt-reduced chicken or fish stock
- 500g firm white fish fillets, cut in chunks
- ¼ cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 100g baby spinach
1 Spray a large saucepan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Add onion and fennel. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 7-8 minutes until soft and slightly caramelised. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
2 Add wine and simmer until almost evaporated. Add tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low
and simmer for 10 minutes.
3 Add fish and olives. Simmer for 3-4 minutes or until fish is just cooked through. Stir through spinach. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 8g
Make it gluten free: Check stock is gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us