Falafel Scotch eggs with sesame slaw
(at time of publication)
- 4 size 6 eggs
- 250g falafel mix
- oil spray
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 cups prepared slaw mix (without dressing)
- 3 cups finely sliced spinach
- ¼ cup roughly chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon toasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons beetrootbeetsX or tomato chutney
- 2 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt (optional)
- In a pot of boiling water, place eggs and boil for 9 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water, until cool enough to handle. Peel eggs.
- Preheat oven to 200ºC. Divide falafel mix into 4. Mould one portion of falafel mix around each egg to cover completely. Place on a baking dish lined with baking paper. Spray with oil. Bake for 10-12 minutes, turning once or twice until outside of eggs is golden.
- While eggs are cooking, in a bowl combine sesame oil and lime juice. Add slaw, spinach, coriander and seeds and mix well.
- Slice eggs in half, and serve with slaw, chutney and yoghurt on the side, if using.
Make it gluten free: Choose gluten-free falafel mix and check chutney is gluten free.
This recipe is from our Vegetarian weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meat-free meals for two, for under $67. Just grab the shopping list and get dinner done!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 23g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 13g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us