Eggs Florentine saladReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 4 cups shredded fresh spinach
- 2 cups sliced courgetteszucchini, summer squashX
- 1 cup diced capsicum
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon cornflourcornstarchX
- 1 tablespoon mustard
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking dish with baking paper and arrange spinach on top. Add courgettes, capsicum and mushrooms. Bake for 15 minutes then carefully remove from oven.
2 Break 4 of 6 eggs and place them on top of vegetables in baking dish (you may want to make little hollows with a spoon to place eggs). With remaining 2 eggs, separate whites from yolks and set yolks aside. Pour whites over vegetables and return to the still warm oven. Grill for 10 minutes until eggs are done.
3 Meanwhile, to make sauce, whisk together yolks, milk and cornflour in a pot over a low heat until mixture thickens then add mustard.
4 Remove baking dish from oven and pour sauce over eggs. Serve immediately. Garnish with fresh basil, parsley or chives if you prefer.
- To make this into a main meal, double the number of eggs you’re grilling (8 instead of 4) and serve with wholegrain bread.
- If capsicum is out of season, use sliced leek or diced onion instead.
- If you don’t have fresh spinach, use 2 cups defrosted frozen spinach.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information