Egg and summer vegetable pasta
- 300g (3 cups) penne pasta
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, halved lengthways, cut in 5cm lengths
- oil spray
- 3 medium courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, coarsely grated
- 3 medium carrots, coarsely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
1 Cook penne following packet directions. Add peas and asparagus in last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain and return to saucepan.
2 Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Add courgettes, carrots and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until lightly golden. Combine with pasta mixture.
3 Meanwhile, place eggs in a small saucepan of boiling water for 4 minutes. Drain, gently crack and remove shell. Carefully halve eggs and place on top of pasta. Garnish with chives.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 10g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta.
See our article 40 meals in 20 minutes for more quick and tasty meal ideas.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us