(at time of publication)
- ½ cup reduced-fat spread
- ⅓ cup rapadura sugar or brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup plain flourall purpose flourX
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons white chia seeds
- 40g good-quality white chocolate, melted
- 40g 70% dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, beat spread and sugar with electric beaters until pale and creamy. Add vanilla, beat well.
- Fold in combined sifted flours and baking powder. Fold in chia seeds. Turn mixture onto a lightly floured work bench. Knead until just smooth.
- Divide dough in two. Roll out one portion on a sheet of lightly floured baking paper until about 3-4mm thick. Slide onto a tray and refrigerate for about 10 minutes, or until just firm. Repeat with remaining portion.
- Cut dough into bunny or Easter egg shapes using assorted cutters. Place biscuits on prepared trays. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until pale golden. Leave on trays to cool.
- When biscuits are cool, spoon melted white and dark chocolate into two separate plastic piping bags. Seal end and snip off tip. Decorate biscuits with chocolate.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flour and check baking powder and chocolates are gluten free.
Store biscuits in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.