Dukkah chicken with warm couscous salad and tzatzikiReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- spray oil
- 400g pumpkin, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 large (500g) chicken breast fillets, halved horizontally
- ¼ cup dukkah
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup wholemeal couscous
- 1 ⅓ cups boiling water
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, chopped or 2 tomatoes, diced
- 3 cups baby spinach
- ¾ cup tzatziki
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set over medium-high heat. Add pumpkin and cook, turning, for 5 minutes, or until charred and tender. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with dukkah. In the same frying pan, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and set over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 3–4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Remove from pan and thickly slice.
- Meanwhile, in a heatproof bowl combine couscous and boiling water. Cover and stand for about 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork to separate grains. Add tomatoes and spinach then stir gently to combine.
- Serve chicken on warm couscous salad with pumpkin on the side, then drizzle with tzatziki.
If you can’t fine wholemeal couscous, use plain.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free couscous and check dukkah and tzatziki are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 19g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information