Dukkah chicken with warm couscous salad and tzatziki
(at time of publication)
- oil spray
- 400g pumpkin, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 large (500g) chicken breast fillets, halved horizontally
- ¼ cup dukkah
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup wholemeal couscous
- 1 ⅓ cups boiling water
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, chopped or 2 tomatoes, diced
- 3 cups baby spinach
- ¾ cup tzatziki
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set over medium-high heat. Add pumpkin and cook, turning, for 5 minutes, or until charred and tender. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with dukkah. In the same frying pan, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and set over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 3–4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Remove from pan and thickly slice.
- Meanwhile, in a heatproof bowl combine couscous and boiling water. Cover and stand for about 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork to separate grains. Add tomatoes and spinach then stir gently to combine.
- Serve chicken on warm couscous salad with pumpkin on the side, then drizzle with tzatziki.
If you can’t fine wholemeal couscous, use plain.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free couscous and check dukkah and tzatziki are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 19g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us