Devilled steak with roasted veges
- 600g kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled, cut in 1cm slices
- 450g parsnips, peeled, cut in quarters
- 200g button mushrooms, halved
- oil spray
- 4 x 150g sirloin steaks, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- ¼ cup (70g) fruit chutney
- 1 tablespoon brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups cooked spinach, to serve
1 Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Steam kumara and parsnips until tender. Place on prepared baking tray with mushrooms and spray with oil. Bake for 20 minutes or until edges are crispy.
2 Meanwhile, place a large frying pan over a high heat. Spray steaks with oil and cook each side for 3 minutes until browned.
3 Combine curry powder, chutney, sugar, Worcestershire sauce and 2 tablespoons water in a bowl. Add to pan. Bring to the boil and simmer over a low heat for 4–5 minutes or until steaks are cooked to medium. Serve steaks, topped with sauce, with roasted veges and steamed spinach.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 10g
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free varieties of curry powder, chutney and Worcestershire sauce.
- Replace steak with chicken or pork.
- Use mango chutney.
- Roast other types of root veges such as swedes, turnips or squash.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us