Curried chicken rice
(at time of publication)
- ¾ cups brown rice
- 125g low-fat natural yoghurt
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 2 skinless boneless chicken thighs, cooked, diced
- ¼ punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup sultanasgolden raisinsX
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- ½ cup corn sweetcornXkernels
1 Cook rice until tender. Drain and leave to cool.
2 Mix yoghurt with curry powder and mango chutney. Add chicken, sultanas and salad vegetables to rice and mix well.
3 Stir through curry sauce. Transfer to sealed containers. Chill until ready to eat.
- If you prefer, you can replace the corn with frozen peas.
- Vary the spiciness of this dish with different curry powders.
- Keep a specific container for strong-smelling foods like curry.
- This rice dish will keep for up to 3 days refrigerated in a sealed container.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information