Curried chicken rice
(at time of publication)
- ¾ cups brown rice
- 125g low-fat natural yoghurt
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 2 skinless boneless chicken thighs, cooked, diced
- ¼ punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup sultanasgolden raisinsX
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- ½ cup corn sweetcornXkernels
1 Cook rice until tender. Drain and leave to cool.
2 Mix yoghurt with curry powder and mango chutney. Add chicken, sultanas and salad vegetables to rice and mix well.
3 Stir through curry sauce. Transfer to sealed containers. Chill until ready to eat.
- If you prefer, you can replace the corn with frozen peas.
- Vary the spiciness of this dish with different curry powders.
- Keep a specific container for strong-smelling foods like curry.
- This rice dish will keep for up to 3 days refrigerated in a sealed container.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us