Curried beef lasagne
- oil spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 4 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 400g lean minced beef
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup reduced-salt beef stock
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 courgette, diced
- 1 ½ cups grated carrot
- 2 cups rocketarugulaX leaves
- ⅓ cup sultanasgolden raisinsX
- Cheese sauce
- ¾ cup trim milk
- 300g reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- ⅓ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup freshly grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 200g dried lasagne sheets
- chopped fresh coriandercilantroX or parsley, to garnish
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray an ovenproof dish with oil. Spray a pan with oil and cook onion, garlic and ginger until softened. Stir in tomato paste and curry powder. Add beef and cook until browned. Add canned tomatoes, stock, mushrooms, courgette, carrot and 3/4 cup water. Cook for 10 minutes. Stir in rocket and sultanas at the end of the cooking.
2 Meanwhile prepare cheese sauce by blending milk, cheeses and mustard powder.
3 Place a layer of lasagne in the dish. Add a layer of mince sauce. Cover with lasagne and then the cheese sauce. Use a large spoon to press down the layers as you go. Repeat the layers finishing with cheese sauce. Bake for 35 minutes. Garnish with coriander or parsley and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 5g
Serve with a salad.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free lasagne and check tomato paste, curry powder, stock and mustard are gluten-free.
This recipe is best made in an ovenproof dish that’s about 28cm square and 6cm deep.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us