Cumin potatoes with dill sour cream
(at time of publication)
- 300g kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled, cut in 1.5cm slices
- 300g potatoes, peeled, cut in 1.5cm slices
- olive oil spray
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Dill sour cream
- ½ cup fresh dill, chopped
- ⅓ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons trim milk
1 Steam kumara and potatoes until just softened. Spray with oil and sprinkle with cumin.
2 Heat barbecue and cook vegetables on a flat plate or grill (or both). Cook both sides until golden.
3 To make dill sour cream, combine half the dill with all other ingredients.
4 Arrange cooked potato and kumara pieces on a platter. Serve with dill sour cream (or yoghurt), sprinkled with remaining dill.
Serve as part of this three-course meal for four, cooked entirely on the barbecue!
Entrée: Prawn and scallop skewers
Main: Beef with artichoke and pea salsa
Vege side dishes: Barbecued asparagus and eggplant, Cumin potatoes with dill sour cream
Dessert: Warm fruit parcels with lemon sorbet
- For a lighter option on top of your potatoes, replace sour cream with reduced-fat, Greek-style natural yoghurt.
- Make it gluten free: Check mustard and sour cream (or Greek-style yoghurt) are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us