Crunchy kumara and cashew saladReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 600g kumarasweet-potatoX
- 1 ½ cups (3-4 stalks) chopped celery
- ½ cup roasted cashews, peanuts or almonds, roughly chopped
- ½ cup chopped dates
- 2 finely sliced spring onions
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 ½ cups baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons plain low-fat yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated zest of lemon
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
1 Peel kumara and cut in 2-3cm dice. Cook until tender either by microwaving on high (100%) in a covered container for 7-10 minutes or by boiling gently, draining then leaving to cool to room temperature.
2 While kumara cooks prepare dressing by combining all the ingredients in a small bowl.
3 In a large bowl place cooled kumara and the remaining salad ingredients (reserving a little coriander to use as a garnish). Pour in dressing then toss gently to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4 Serve garnished with reserved coriander.
Make it gluten free: Check yoghurt is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information