Florentines with chocolate and cherries
(at time of publication)
- 1 cup cornflakes
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons glacé cherries, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds
- ¼ cup raw walnuts, roughly chopped
- ½ cup light condensed milk
- 50g dark chocolate, melted
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2 Combine cornflakes, flour, cherries, apricots, almonds and walnuts in a mixing bowl. Pour over condensed milk and gently toss until all ingredients are well-coated. Place heaped tablespoons of mixture onto baking trays and spread into 5-6cm rounds.
3 Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Cool on baking tray. Drizzle or pipe melted chocolate in a thin stream onto top of florentines in a zigzag pattern. Keep in an airtight container once cooled.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 3g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.