Crumbed chicken with rocket salad and wedges
- 400g kumarasweet-potatoX, cut in wedges
- ¼ cup (25g) dried breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup (35g) cashews, dry toasted, finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons trim milk
- 8 (500g total) chicken tenderloins, trimmed
- oil spray
- 4 cups baby rocketarugulaX
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 orange, segmented
- 4 tablespoons vinaigrette (made with 2 parts vinegar, such as balsamic, to 1 part olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Place kumara on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 30 minutes until golden.
2 Meanwhile, place breadcrumbs, cashews and parsley in a bowl. Mix. Place milk in a separate bowl. Dip each tenderloin in milk then breadcrumb mixture and transfer to a plate.
3 Spray a large frying pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes each side until browned and cooked through. Set aside.
4 Meanwhile, combine rocket, spinach, shallots and orange in a large bowl. Whisk together vinaigrette and mustard. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve chicken with salad and kumara wedges.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free breadcrumbs and mustard.
If you're still peckish, add a punnet of cherry tomatoes for just 40kJ more per person.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us