Crispy chicken thighs with capsicum and pesto
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 cups salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 1¼ cups wholemeal couscous
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (500g)
- 3 mixed-colour capsicums, seeds removed and sliced
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup pesto, to serve
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 8g
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. In a large saucepan, bring stock to a boil. Sprinkle couscous into stock, stir, cover and set aside.
2 Spray a large cast iron frying pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Place chicken in the pan and cook for about 3 minutes, or until browned, turn and cook for a further 3 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate, cover and set aside.
3 Spray pan again lightly and sauté capsicum, onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes and stir to combine. Nestle chicken into capsicums and bake for 10 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
4 Fluff couscous with a fork and season. Serve chicken over couscous topped with a drizzle of pesto and garnish with parsley or basil leaves, if desired.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us