Creamy tuna and broccoli pasta bake
(at time of publication)
- 200g penne pasta
- 500g (6 cups) broccoli florets
- oil spray
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat spread
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- pinch dried red chilli flakes
- 2 cups trim milk
- 185g can tuna in spring water, drained, flaked
- 2 tablespoons sliced oil-free sun-dried tomatoes
- ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup fresh basil (optional)
- 4 cups baby rocketarugulaX, with 4 tablespoons balsamic dressing (made with 2 parts balsamic vinegar to 1 part olive oil)
1 Cook pasta in a medium-sized saucepan following packet directions. Add broccoli in the last 3-4 minutes of cooking. Drain. Preheat grill to high. Spray a 6-cup-capacity ovenproof baking dish with oil.
2 Melt spread in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add flour, garlic and chilli flakes. Stir until mixture thickens and bubbles.
3 Remove from heat and gradually whisk in milk. Return to heat and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat.
4 Add tuna and tomatoes to pan, then stir in pasta and broccoli. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish and sprinkle with mozzarella. Grill for 4-5 minutes or until cheese has browned and melted. Top with basil (if using) and serve with rocket and dressing.
- Make it vegetarian: Replace tuna with 100g reduced-fat ricotta cheese and add red capsicum strips for extra flavour.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta and flour. If using pre-grated mozarella, check this is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us