Creamy pasta with peas, courgette, Brussels sprouts and salmon
(at time of publication)
- 100g dry tagliatelle or fettuccine
- oil spray
- 2 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, sliced in half lengthways then in thin slices
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- ½ cup frozen peas, defrosted
- ⅓ cup ricotta
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups baby spinach or chopped silver beet
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- pinch of salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 100g sliced smoked salmon
- fresh dill to garnish (optional)
1 Bring a pot of salted water to the boil. Add pasta and cook for 8-9 minutes until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
2 While pasta is cooking, heat a pan over a medium heat and spray with oil. Add courgettes and Brussels sprouts and stir-fry until tender, about 6 minutes. Add peas and mix. Add drained pasta with ricotta, lemon juice, zest and spinach.
3 Add reserved pasta water, as needed, to bring everything together and make a smooth sauce. Add half the parmesan and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
4 Serve pasta with salmon, dill (if using) and remaining parmesan.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of simple, tasty nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $95. Just grab your shopping list and get dinner done.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 23g
–Saturated fat 8g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us