Creamy pasta with peas, courgette, Brussels sprouts and salmon
- 100g dry tagliatelle or fettuccine
- oil spray
- 2 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, sliced in half lengthways then in thin slices
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- ½ cup frozen peas, defrosted
- ⅓ cup ricotta
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups baby spinach or chopped silver beet
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- pinch of salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 100g sliced smoked salmon
- fresh dill to garnish (optional)
1 Bring a pot of salted water to the boil. Add pasta and cook for 8-9 minutes until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
2 While pasta is cooking, heat a pan over a medium heat and spray with oil. Add courgettes and Brussels sprouts and stir-fry until tender, about 6 minutes. Add peas and mix. Add drained pasta with ricotta, lemon juice, zest and spinach.
3 Add reserved pasta water, as needed, to bring everything together and make a smooth sauce. Add half the parmesan and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
4 Serve pasta with salmon, dill (if using) and remaining parmesan.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 23g
–Saturated fat 8g
Dietary fibre 9g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of simple, tasty nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $95. Just grab your shopping list and get dinner done.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us