Creamy mushroom, chicken and cauliflower pasta bake
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 cup wholemeal pasta (macaroni or rigatoni)
- spray oil
- 200g chicken breast, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower (florets and stalk)
- 2 cups rocketarugulaX leaves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup trim milk
- ½ cup grated parmesan, plus 2 tablespoons extra to sprinkle
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- black pepper
- fresh herbs of your choice, to garnish (optional)
Total fat 18g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 14g
1 Cook pasta following packet instructions. Drain, but reserve ½ cup pasta water. Set aside. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2 Spray a pan with oil and bring to a medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes, until browned. Set aside. Add spring onions, garlic, celery and mushrooms to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes.
3 Into a baking dish, place vege mixture along with cauliflower, rocket, chicken and pasta and mix gently to combine.
4 In a pot, heat oil over medium-high. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add milk. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook, stirring, until sauce thickens slightly. Add cheese and white pepper and stir through. Remove from heat and stir in pasta water.
5 Stir sauce through pasta mixture in baking dish. Season with black pepper and sprinkle with remaining parmesan. Bake for 15 minutes, until bubbling and golden. Serve bake in bowls, garnished with herbs.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta and flour.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Rate this recipe
6 People Rated This Recipe
- (4.1 / 5)