Creamy chilli prawn pasta
- 160g dried pasta, eg, spaghetti or tagliatelle
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes, or more to taste
- 230g prawns, deveined, tails removed (thawed if frozen)
- 150g frozen spinach
- ½ cup lite sour cream or Greek-style yoghurt
- black pepper
- 1 lemon
- fresh parsley, to garnish
- In a saucepan, cook pasta in plenty of water, according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, heat oil over medium. Add garlic and spring onion and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add tomatoes (including juice) and chilli flakes and simmer until liquid has reduced slightly, about 5 minutes. Add prawns and spinach and cook another 2-3 minutes, until prawns are cooked through.
- Remove from heat. Add sour cream or yoghurt and gently combine. Add black pepper to taste. Serve pasta with a squeeze of lemon juice over the top, garnished with parsley and extra chilli if you like.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 12g
Make it gluten: free Use gluten-free pasta and check lite sour cream or yoghurt is gluten free.
Make it vegan: Use tempeh instead of prawns and a soy yoghurt.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us