Creamy chilli prawn pasta
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 160g dried pasta, eg, spaghetti or tagliatelle
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes, or more to taste
- 230g prawns, deveined, tails removed (thawed if frozen)
- 150g frozen spinach
- 1/2 cup lite sour cream or Greek-style yoghurt
- black pepper
- 1 lemon
- fresh parsley, to garnish
Total fat 17g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 12g
- In a saucepan, cook pasta in plenty of water, according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, heat oil over medium. Add garlic and spring onion and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add tomatoes (including juice) and chilli flakes and simmer until liquid has reduced slightly, about 5 minutes. Add prawns and spinach and cook another 2-3 minutes, until prawns are cooked through.
- Remove from heat. Add sour cream or yoghurt and gently combine. Add black pepper to taste. Serve pasta with a squeeze of lemon juice over the top, garnished with parsley and extra chilli if you like.
Make it gluten: free Use gluten-free pasta and check lite sour cream or yoghurt is gluten free.
Make it vegan: Use tempeh instead of prawns and a soy yoghurt.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us