Creamy chicken pasta with tomato pesto
- 250g wholegrain spiral pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium red capsicums, thinly sliced
- 1 bag, or 8 cups, baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato pesto
- ½ cup light cooking cream
- 1 avocado, diced (optional, but included in nutrition analysis)
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan, to serve
- In a saucepan of boiling water, cook pasta according to packet instructions, or until al dente. Drain well, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, in a large, deep non-stick frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium. Add capsicum and cook, stirring, for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Add spinach and cook for a further minute, or until almost wilted.
- Add pasta, cooking liquid, chicken, pesto and cream to pan. Toss gently to combine and warm through. Stir in the avocado, if using. Serve pasta topped with grated parmesan.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 23g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 10g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta and check pesto is gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us