Courgette and tomato lasagne
- Vegetable mix
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, sliced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 bacon-style rashers (we used Vegie Delights), chopped
- 4 teaspoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- few sprigs thyme
- ½ cup fresh basil and fresh parsley, mixed
- Cheese and onion topping
- 200g reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- ⅓ cup grated fresh parmesan cheese, plus 2 extra tablespoons, to serve
- ⅓ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- grated nutmeg, plus extra, to sprinkle on top
- Tomato sauce
- 420g can no-added-salt tomatoes
- 400g packet fresh lasagne sheets
- 2 cups baby spinach
1 Lightly grease individual ovenproof dishes or one large ovenproof dish. Preheat oven to 190°C. To make vegetable mix, heat oil in a non-stick pan and add onion, courgettes, garlic and mushrooms with vege bacon. Cook until softened. Stir in pesto with half the herbs.
2 To make cheese and onion topping, mix ricotta together with parmesan, yoghurt, 1/3 cup water and onions. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
3 To make tomato sauce, purée tomatoes and mix with 1 1/2 cups water and remaining fresh herbs.
4 To assemble, cut lasagne sheets in even-sized pieces. Place pieces in (each) dish base. Add some vegetable mix, top with some tomato sauce and spinach. Repeat layers finishing with a lasagne layer.
5 Spread cheese and onion topping on top of lasagne. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Bake for 20-25 minutes (a large dish may take a bit longer). Serve with a little extra parmesan and extra fresh herbs if you prefer.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 6g
Make it gluten free: Omit bacon-style rashers and use gluten-free pasta.
- Cook pasta in lightly salted water until al dente – ie. until it is tender but still has some bite!
- Once cooked, drain pasta, leaving a little of the cooking water still in the pan. This stops the pasta sticking.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us