Corn and crab cakes
(at time of publication)
- 2 large (550g total) potatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 x 170g cans crab meat, drained
- 100g prawns, cooked and roughly chopped
- 150g corn sweetcornXkernels (or 4 cobs fresh corn)
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon seeded mustard
- ¼ cup plain flourall purpose flourX
- vegetable oil spray
1 Place the potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and cook for 15 minutes, until soft. Drain and mash until smooth. Season with pepper.
2 Preheat the grill and line with foil. Place the mashed potato, crab meat, prawns, corn, spring onions, chives and mustard in a bowl and mix well.
3 Using damp hands, shape into 8 x 2cm thick patties. Coat with flour.
4 Spray the foil on the grill and the patties with vegetable oil spray. Cook the patties for 3-4 minutes each side, until golden.
5 Serve with a mixed salad.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5.9g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 503.7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us