Cold rice noodle salad with crunchy veges, tempeh and honey-peanut dressing
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 90g rice noodles
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 carrot, peeled in ribbons
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled in ribbons
- 1 cup sliced green beans
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced, reserving some for garnish
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 2cm piece ginger, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- spray oil
- 125g tempeh, in 2cm slices
- 2 teaspoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon roasted peanuts, to garnish
Total fat 27g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 10g
1 Cook rice noodles, following packet instructions. Drain and rinse under cold water. Add sesame oil and mix through. Set aside.
2 In a large bowl, combine next 7 ingredients well. In a small bowl combine peanut butter, vinegar, honey and hot water. Add noodles to vegetables, pour over most of the dressing, reserving a little, and toss to coat.
3 Spray a pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add tempeh and cook, turning, until browned. Remove from heat. In a cup, combine soy sauce and 1 tablespoon water and add to pan, shaking pan to coat tempeh. Serve salad topped with tempeh, garnished with reserved chilli, peanuts and remaining dressing.
Make it vegan: Replace honey with maple syrup. Check rice noodles and rice wine vinegar are vegan.
Make it gluten free: Check tempeh and soy sauce are gluten free