Chopped chicken, quinoa, fig and walnut bowl
- ¾ cup (145g) tri-colour quinoa, rinsed
- 500g green beans or asparagus
- 150g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 400g cooked skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 4 figs, sliced
- 4 radishes, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 50g snow pea sprouts, trimmed
- ¼ cup (30g) lightly toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
1 Place quinoa in a medium saucepan with 1½ cups water and bring to the boil over a medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 12 minutes, or until water has evaporated and quinoa is tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
2 Meanwhile, steam beans and sugar snap peas for 2 minutes, or until just tender. Refresh under cold running water and drain.
3 Combine orange juice, balsamic vinegar and olive oil to make dressing. Divide quinoa, chicken, vegetables, figs, radishes and sprouts between
4 bowls. Drizzle with orange juice dressing, sprinkle with walnuts and chives and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us