Chopped chicken, quinoa, fig and walnut bowl
(at time of publication)
- ¾ cup (145g) tri-colour quinoa, rinsed
- 500g green beans or asparagus
- 150g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 400g cooked skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 4 figs, sliced
- 4 radishes, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 50g snow pea sprouts, trimmed
- ¼ cup (30g) lightly toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
1 Place quinoa in a medium saucepan with 1½ cups water and bring to the boil over a medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 12 minutes, or until water has evaporated and quinoa is tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
2 Meanwhile, steam beans and sugar snap peas for 2 minutes, or until just tender. Refresh under cold running water and drain.
3 Combine orange juice, balsamic vinegar and olive oil to make dressing. Divide quinoa, chicken, vegetables, figs, radishes and sprouts between
4 bowls. Drizzle with orange juice dressing, sprinkle with walnuts and chives and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us