Chocolate hazelnut biscuits
Time to make: 37 mins , plus 1 hr chilling
( Hands-on time: 25 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 125g reduced-fat spread
- 1 cup brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- pinch salt (optional)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped toasted hazelnuts
Total fat 4g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line 3 large baking trays with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl beat spread, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer, until pale and creamy. Add egg and mix until well combined. Sift flour, cocoa and salt (if using) into mixture. Stir until just combined. Place in fridge for 1 hour.
- Roll 2 teaspoons of dough at a time into 37 balls. Roll balls in chopped hazelnuts and place 3cm apart on prepared trays. Flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes, or until biscuits are light golden, swapping trays halfway through cooking time. Leave to cool on trays.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flour and check cocoa is gluten free.
Make it low FODMAP: Use gluten-free flour that does not contain soy, garbanzo bean or lupin flours or amaranth.
If any husks remain after sifting flour, add these to mixture as well.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us