Chocolate avocado mousse
(at time of publication)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- ½ cup low-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder, to garnish
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds, toasted, to garnish
1 In a food processor, place all the ingredients, except the garnishes and reserving a little of the yoghurt for decoration. Process until smooth. Divide mixture among small dishes or glasses. Chill.
2 Serve topped with the reserved yoghurt, and a sprinkling of cocoa powder and flaked almonds.
Make it gluten free: Check Greek-style yoghurt and cocoa powder are gluten free.
These mousses are best served chilled and eaten within a few hours of making.
The colour does change a little if kept chilled for longer than 4 hours.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.