Chilli prawn skewers with mango and mint salad
(at time of publication)
- 24 wooden skewers (see tip)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- ⅓ cup lime juice, plus lime wedges, to serve
- 2 long red chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 800g peeled, medium raw prawns
- 3 large carrots, cut into thin matchsticks
- 2 large red capsicums, thinly sliced
- 2 cups snow peas or beans, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch bok choy, shredded
- 1 cup torn fresh mint
- 2 mangoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
1 In a shallow glass or ceramic dish, combine peanut oil, 2 tablespoons of the lime juice, half of the chilli and the fish sauce and 3 teaspoons of the ginger. Add prawns and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to marinate.
2 Preheat barbecue or chargrill pan to medium-high. Thread 3 prawns onto each skewer. Grill the skewers for 2 minutes each side, or until prawns have changed colour and are cooked through.
3 Meanwhile, in a large salad bowl combine carrot, capsicum, snow peas, bok choy, mint and mango. In a small bowl, whisk remaining lime juice, fish sauce, chilli, ginger and sugar together. Add dressing to salad and gently toss.
4 To serve, divide prawn skewers among 8 plates and serve with salad and lime wedges.
Make it gluten free: Check fish sauce is gluten free.
Make it low FODMAP: Use green beans and oranges instead of mango and snow peas.
Soak wooden skewers in cold water for 30 minutes before using to prevent them from burning.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 3g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us