Chilli prawn pizzaReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- spray oil
- 1 (165g) thin pizza base (we used Bazaar)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 fresh red chilli, chopped and deseeded
- 1 red onion, diced
- 12 to 14 prawns, shelled and deveined (200g)
- 2 tablespoons Mediterranean seasoning paste (we used Gourmet Garden)
- 2 tablespoons oil free sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small can tuna in water, drained
- 1 courgette, peeled into ribbons
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese shavings
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Place pizza base on a lightly greased baking tray, stone or pizza pan. Heat oil in a non-stick pan and add garlic, onion and chillies. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Add prawns and cook for 2 minutes until they change colour.
2 Spread base with paste and top with prawns, sundried tomatoes, courgettes and tuna.
3 Top with parmesan, spray with oil. Bake for 10-12 minutes until base is crisp and topping hot. Season with pepper or chilli flakes. Serve with spinach leaves and Warm potato and carrot salad (see tip).
Make it gluten free: Use a gluten-free base and check Mediterranean spice paste is gluten free.
As this recipe uses a very thin pizza base, make sure you put the pizza on its cooking tray before adding the topping.
Warm potato and carrot salad
Cost per serve $3.10
Time to make 25 minutes
400g small potatoes, sliced
2 carrots, sliced
200g Brussels sprouts, frozen or fresh
4 cups baby spinach leaves
3 spring onions, sliced
1 teaspoon Tuscan seasoning
3 tablespoons balsamic dressing — made with 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar and 1 tablespoon oil
3 tablespoons flaked almonds, toasted
Step 1 Place potatoes and carrots in a pan of boiling lightly salted water and simmer for 12-14 minutes. Add Brussels sprouts and cook for a further 4 minutes.
Step 2 Drain veg and place in a serving bowl. Add spinach leaves, onions, seasoning and dressing. Toss lightly to coat.
Step 3 Sprinkle with almonds and serve with pizza.
Make it gluten free: Check seasoning is gluten free.
- High fibre, dairy free, vegetarian
- Energy 710kJ/169cal, protein 6g, total fat 7g, sat fat 1g, carbs 20g, sugars 5g, fibre 6g, sodium 270mg, calcium 100mg, iron 2mg
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information