Chilli and capsicum pickle
Time to make: 20 mins , plus 5 hours standing time
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- ¾ cup dark malt vinegar
- 40g soft brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 4 bay leaves
- 8 peppercorns
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 red and 2 yellow capsicums, very thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 3 red chillies, very thinly sliced
Total fat 0g
Saturated fat 0g
Dietary fibre 1g
1 In a saucepan, place vinegar and sugar. Heat over medium-low until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat. Add next 5 ingredients. Leave to cool completely.
2 In a shallow dish, arrange veges and pour over vinegar mix.
3 Transfer to a sterilised jar and leave for at least 5 hours or overnight before using. Keep chilled. Use within 3 days of making.
Make it gluten free: Use white wine vinegar.
Make it vegan: Use a vegan vinegar.
Tasty with barbecued meats, kebabs and salads