Chickpea, nut and cranberry salad
(at time of publication)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted cumin seeds (see tip)
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 large courgette, grated
- ⅓ cup mint leaves, chopped
- 400g can no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed, drained
- 2 fresh dates, seeds removed, chopped
- ¼ cup (30g) dried cranberries
- ¼ cup (30g) hazelnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup (30g) roasted almonds, chopped
- 2 flatbreads, warmed, halved, to serve
1 Combine all dressing ingredients in a small jar. Seal and shake well to combine.
2 Place spinach, carrot, courgette and chopped mint in a large salad bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss gently to combine. Add chickpeas to bowl; scatter dates, cranberries, hazelnuts and almonds over salad.
3 Serve with warmed flatbreads.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flatbreads.
Lightly toast the cumin seeds in a small, dry frying pan over a medium heat until fragrant and crisp.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 11g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us