Chickpea and tomato curry
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriandercilantroX
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon chilli powder
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- 420g can chopped tomatoes*
- 5cm-piece fresh ginger, grated
- fresh coriandercilantroX, chopped (optional)
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
1 Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add onion and garlic. Fry until golden. Add spices and stir for 2 minutes.
2 Add chickpeas. Coat in spices then add tomatoes. Simmer for 10 minutes until thickened. Add ginger and stir well. Serve garnished with coriander (if using).
Serve as part of this budget Indian dinner party for four… three courses for under $4.50 per person!
Make this curry in advance to allow flavours to mingle, then reheat when ready to serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us