Chicken tikka toasties with vege bites
- ½ cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 medium parsnips, cut into slices
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground coriandercilantroX
- spray oil
- 1 ¾ cups cooked chicken, diced
- 2 teaspoons tikka or mild curry paste
- 1 cup plain low-fat yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons apricot chutney/relish
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup fresh coriandercilantroX, roughly chopped
- 8 slices rye or sourdough bread
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons mango or apricot relish, for dip
- ½ cup plain low-fat yoghurt
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 190ºC. In a bowl, toss cauliflower and parsnips in ground coriander. Transfer to a baking tray and spray with oil. Cook in the oven for 25 minutes or until tinged lightly golden.
- Heat a toasted sandwich maker or grill pan. In a bowl, combine chicken with paste, 1/2 cup of the yoghurt, chutney and lemon juice. Stir in onion and fresh coriander. Place a layer of spinach on a bread slice, top with chicken and coriander mix and another slice of bread. Spray with oil. Repeat with remaining filling and bread. Toast sandwiches until golden.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining yoghurt, relish and spring onion ingredients. Serve toasties with vege bites and dip.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 12g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and check ground coriander, tikka or curry paste and relish are gluten free.
This filling can be made ahead and kept chilled in the fridge. The flavour will intensify the longer it is chilled.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us