Chicken stuffed with mozzarella, basil and tomatoes
(at time of publication)
- toothpicks or wooden cocktail sticks
- 2 chicken breasts (about 150g each), skinless
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh basil
- ¼ cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- oil spray
- 2 cups rocketarugulaX leaves, washed
- 8 cherry tomatoes, washed, halved
- 2 tablespoons low-fat balsamic dressing
1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. Slit each chicken breast horizontally to make a pocket.
2 Stuff pockets with tomato slices, basil and mozzarella. Secure pockets with small wooden cocktail sticks.
3 Heat a little oil spray in a non-stick frying pan. Place each breast in pan to brown for 2 minutes on each side. Remove breasts and place in a baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes or until juices run clear.
4 Assemble rocket, cherry tomatoes and drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately.
- Try reduced-fat cream cheese instead of mozzarella for a creamier taste.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free dressing.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us