Chicken, spinach and potato bake
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 4 x 150g skinless chicken breast fillets
- 500g new potatoes, halved (quartered if large)
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 400g can no-added-salt whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 medium courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, thickly sliced
- ½ cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 6 balls bocconcini, torn
- cracked black pepper, to season
- fresh basil, to serve
- 4 slices toasted grainy sourdough, to serve
Total fat 16g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Preheat oven to 160°C. In a large, deep roasting dish, on the stove-top, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high. Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden. Transfer to a plate. In the chicken dish, cook potatoes, turning often, for 4-5 minutes until hot and golden. Transfer to a plate.
2 To the dish add remaining oil. Sauté onion, garlic and chilli over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes until onion is tender. Add browned potatoes, tomatoes, courgettes and stock. Break up tomatoes using a wooden spoon, cover and bring to the boil. Add chicken and stir in. Transfer dish to the oven and bake, covered, for 30-35 minutes, or until chicken and potatoes are just cooked through.
3 Remove cover and stir through spinach. Arrange bocconcini on the chicken and season with pepper. Cover and bake for 5 more minutes, or until bocconcini melts. Scatter with basil and serve with toasted sourdough to mop up pan juices.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and check stock is gluten free.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)