Chicken satay skewers with peanut dipping sauce
- 1 cup reduced-fat natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 500g boneless skinless chicken thighs, sliced into thin strips
- 1 red capsicum, sliced into 3cm pieces
- 1 courgette, sliced into 1cm rounds
- 8 small button mushrooms, halved
- 3 tablespoons no-added-salt peanut butter
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- ¼-½ cup hot water
- ¼ cup coriandercilantroX leaves
- 400g bok choy, ends trimmed and washed
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 lime, cut in 4 wedges, to serve
1 Immerse 8-10 large bamboo skewers in water to soak.
2 Mix together yoghurt, curry powder and garlic, then spread over chicken strips and sliced vegetables in a large shallow dish. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
3 While chicken and vegetables are marinating, mix peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce and brown sugar together in a small pot over a low heat. Add a little hot water at a time to thin the sauce to the desired consistency.
4 After 2 hours, turn the grill setting on your oven to high. Now thread the chicken pieces and vegetables onto the skewers and place on a large baking tray lined with baking paper.
5 Grill for 5 minutes, then turn skewers over. Grill for another 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink on the inside.
6 While the skewers are cooking, bring a large pot of water to the boil. Place bok choy in boiling water and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from water and drain.
7 Place skewers on serving plate and scatter over coriander leaves. Serve with peanut dipping sauce, bok choy, hot rice and lime wedges.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
Make it gluten free: Check curry powder and soy sauce are gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us