Chicken massaman curry
(at time of publication)
- olive oil spray
- 400g chicken thigh fillets, diced into 1.5cm cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons massaman curry paste
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 300g kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled, diced into 2cm cubes
- 1 ½ cups coconut water
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into small pieces
- ¼ large cauliflower, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup brown rice
- coriandercilantroX leaves, to garnish
1 Preheat the slow cooker to low. Spray a saucepan with olive oil and set over medium heat, or use sear function on slow cooker. Brown chicken in 2 batches, stirring, for 2—3 minutes or until golden.
2 Add onion, curry paste, garlic and cumin and stir to combine. Add kumara and coconut water. Cover and cook for 6—7 hours.
3 Cook rice according to packet instructions.
4 Steam broccoli and cauliflower and add to curry.
5 Top rice with curry, garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
Make it gluten free: Check curry paste is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us