(at time of publication)
- 4 x 150g chicken breast fillets
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup finely-chopped fresh herbs such as chives, parsley
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tablespoon trim milk
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups fresh breadcrumbs
- oil spray
- 6 cups steamed green beans, to serve
- 600g steamed new potatoes, to serve
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Cut a pocket into the thick side of each chicken breast, being careful not to cut all the way through. Place ricotta, herbs, garlic and lemon zest into a small mixing bowl and stir until well combined. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Stuff each pocket with one-quarter of the ricotta mixture.
2 Place flour in a shallow bowl. In a second bowl, lightly beat milk and egg together and place breadcrumbs in a third bowl. Dip a piece of chicken into flour to coat then into egg mix then breadcrumbs. Repeat with remaining chicken.
3 Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and place over a high heat. Cook chicken for 2 minutes each side or until golden brown. Remove from pan and transfer to a large baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 12 more minutes or until cooked through.
4 Thickly slice chicken and serve with beans and potatoes.
- Use oil spray and bake rather than fry to reduce the fat and kilojoule contents.
- Use ricotta cheese instead of butter and cheese to reduce fat, saturated fat and kilojoules.
- 50g fat
- 25g sat fat
- 340mg sodium
- Use chopped spinach instead of herbs.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free breadcrumbs and flour.
This dish is suitable to freeze after step 2.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us