Chicken cacciatoreReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 8 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes*
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons sun-dried tomato pesto*
- 2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
1 Heat oil in a large non-stick pan and fry onion with garlic until softened. Add mushrooms and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
2 Add chicken to pan, half at a time, and brown quickly over a high heat. Return all chicken to pan.
3 Add wine, tomatoes, sugar, pesto and rosemary.
4 Cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until chicken is tender. Season to taste and sprinkle with parsley. Serve 1 1/2 thighs per serve.
Rice and a selection of mixed vegetables such as snow peas and cherry tomatoes
A large non-stick pan or pot with a tight-fitting lid is a good investment for this kind of cooking. If your pan is not non-stick, use a little spray oil to prevent food sticking.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information