Chicken, broccoli and mushroom stir-fry
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 200g rice stick noodles
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 400g skinless chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, cut in thin wedges
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, cut in thin matchsticks
- 150g mushrooms, halved
- 200g green beans, trimmed, cut in 4cm lengths
- 1 head broccoli, top and stalk, sliced
- 2 cups spinach leaves, washed, sliced
1 In a small bowl combine soy and barbecue sauces and water. Set aside. Place noodles in a large bowl. Cover with boiling water and set aside to soak for 5 minutes. Drain well.
2 Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a wok or frying pan over a high heat. Cook chicken in batches for 2–3 minutes or until golden. Remove from wok and set aside.
3 Return wok to a high heat. Add the remaining oil, onion and ginger. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms. Stir-fry for 1 minute then add beans and broccoli. Stir-fry for 2 more minutes.
4 Return chicken to wok with spinach, noodles and combined sauces. Toss until everything is coated and spinach is just wilted. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us