Chicken and vegetable souvlaki
- 8 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 500g skinless chicken breast fillets, cut in 2cm cubes
- 1 small red capsicum, deseeded, cut in 2cm dice
- 1 small green capsicum, deseeded, cut in 2cm dice
- 1 red onion, cut in wedges
1 To make marinade, combine lemon juice, oil, garlic and oregano in a large non-metallic bowl. Add chicken. Cover, then marinade in fridge for 1 hour.
2 Thread chicken, capsicums and onion alternately on skewers. Heat a barbecue or chargrill pan to medium high.
3 Grill chicken and vegetable skewers for 4–6 minutes (2–3 minutes each side), or until cooked through. Serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 2g
Steamed rice and a green salad
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us