Chicken and vegetable red curry with cucumber and coconut sambal
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 400g chicken breast fillets, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 1 ½ tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 small kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 1 red or yellow capsicum, coarsely chopped
- 1 ½ cups reduced-salt chicken stock
- ½ cup reduced-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved, seeded, coarsely grated
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut, toasted, plus a pinch extra, to serve
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ⅓ cup reduced-fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons cornflourcornstarchX
- 1 medium courgette, thinly sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 x 250g pouches microwavable brown rice
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high. Sauté onion for 2-3 minutes, or until softened. Add chicken and curry paste, stir to coat. Add kumara, capsicum and stock, and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine yoghurt, cucumber, shredded coconut and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut milk and cornflour. Add to chicken saucepan with courgette and broccoli. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until vegetables are just tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Heat rice according to packet instructions. Serve curry with rice and coconut sambal.
Make it gluten free: Check curry paste, stock, Greek-style yoghurt and cornflour are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information