Chicken and vegetable korma
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 500g diced lean chicken
- 2 tablespoons korma curry paste*
- 1 carrot, peeled, sliced
- 10 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup light evaporated milk
- 1 cup reduced-fat coconut milk
- 300g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 cup fresh cherry tomatoes, halved
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
1 Heat oil in a large pan. Cook onion until softened. Add chicken. Cook over a high heat to brown and cook evenly.
2 Stir in curry paste and cook for 2 minutes. Add carrot and mushrooms. Stir to coat evenly with paste.
3 Add milks and chickpeas. Bring mixture to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes. Stir in coriander and tomatoes.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
–Saturated fat 10g
Dietary fibre 5g
Rice and sliced banana
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us