Chicken and tomato fettuccineReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 500g tomatoes, quartered OR cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- cooking oil spray
- 400g fettuccine
- 60g baby spinach
- 1 ½ cups shredded skinless cooked chicken
- ¼ cup finely shredded fresh basil
1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. Place tomatoes and garlic on a baking tray and spray with oil. Roast for 15 minutes, or until tomatoes collapse.
2 Meanwhile, cook pasta following packet directions, until just tender. Drain and return to pan. Add garlic, tomatoes (with all juices), spinach, chicken and basil. Toss to combine. Serve topped with parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta.
- Make it meat-free: Omit chicken and use 400g can chickpeas instead.
- Time saver: Swap the chicken for a can of tomato-and-onion-flavoured tuna, and add red onion and capsicum to step 1.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information