Chicken and prawn fried rice
(at time of publication)
- oil spray
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 300g chicken breast fillet, sliced
- 200g peeled raw prawns
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 750g packet frozen veges, heated
- 2 cups cold cooked basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced
- soy sauce
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX, plus extra, to serve
- 1 spring onion, sliced
1 Place a wok over a high heat and spray with a little oil. Add eggs and swirl to coat wok. Cook for 1 minute or until just set. Transfer to a chopping board, roll up and thinly slice. Reserve.
2 Reheat wok and re-spray with oil. Combine chicken, prawns, hoisin sauce and garlic. Stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until cooked. Add heated vegetables, rice and soy sauce and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until rice is heated through (add 2 tablespoons of hot water if necessary to help with heating through). Stir through coriander. Serve topped with spring onion and a few coriander sprigs.
Makeover! You save…
5g total fat
1 vege serve
What we did
- Reduced oil by using oil spray
- Doubled the veges
- Used basmati rice: it has a lower glycaemic index (GI)
- Used salt-reduced soy sauce
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free soy and hoisen sauces.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us