Chicken and mushroom lasagne
Time to make: 1 hr 20 mins
( Hands-on time: 20 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- oil spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic purée
- 1/3 cup semi-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green capsicum, diced
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil or thyme, chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1/3 cup dates, chopped
- 550g lean cooked chicken, diced
- ground black pepper
- Cheese sauce
- 600g reduced-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup trim milk
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 4 cups spinach leaves, chopped
- 250g dried lasagne sheets
- chopped fresh herbs, to garnish
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray an ovenproof dish with oil. Spray a pan with oil and cook onion and garlic until softened. Add semi-dried tomatoes, capsicum, mushrooms, pesto and herbs. Cook for a few minutes. Add tomatoes, stock, 1/2 cup water, dates and chicken. Cook for 15 minutes. Season with pepper.
2 Meanwhile make cheese sauce. Blend cottage cheese, milk, three quarters of the parmesan and mustard until smooth and creamy.
3 Add spinach to chicken mix and stir until wilted.
4 Place a layer of lasagne in the dish. Add a third of the chicken mix to the dish, top with lasagne sheets and then a layer of cheese sauce. Press lightly with a large spoon between layering. Repeat the layers, finishing with cheese sauce. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan. Cook for 35-40 minutes. Garnish with herbs and freshly ground black pepper.
Serve with a salad.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free lasagne and check pesto, stock and mustard powder are gluten free.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us