Chicken and cranberry burgers
(at time of publication)
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon no-added-salt lemon pepper seasoning
- oil spray
- 4 rye bread rolls, split
- 4 large butter lettuce leaves
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced lengthways
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 75g reduced-fat cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place mince, onion, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley and seasoning in a bowl. Combine well. Divide mixture in 4 portions and then shape into patties. Place on a large plate.
- Spray a large, non-stick frying pan with oil and place over a medium-low heat. When hot, add patties and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning once, until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Place bread roll halves on a tray and toast in oven for 5 minutes.
- Place bread roll bases on serving plates. Top with lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes and patties. Add cheese and cranberry sauce. Add bread roll tops and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us