Chicken and corn quiche
(at time of publication)
- oil spray
- ½ cup self-raising flour
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups trim milk
- 75g reduced-fat spread, melted
- 275g (2 cups) lean cooked chicken breast, diced
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1 cup corn sweetcornXkernels
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups spinach, roughly torn
- 1 red capsicum
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
1 Lightly grease a 3 litre-capacity ovenproof dish or 6 small ovenproof dishes. Preheat oven to 180°C. Sift flour into a large bowl. Make a well in flour centre and stir in eggs, milk and spread.
2 Add chicken, onions, corn, mushrooms and half of the spinach, capsicum and tomatoes. Mix together until all ingredients are combined.
3 Spoon into a prepared ovenproof dish and cook for 40-45 minutes until set. Small quiches will take 20-25 minutes. Serve with a salad made with the remaining spinach, capsicum and tomatoes.
- You can add a little bit of curry powder or chilli powder to this dish when adding eggs and milk for a little spice.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free self-raising flour and bread. Check cheese is gluten free if using pre-grated.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 19g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us