Chicken and barley salad with potatoes
- ¾ cup barley
- 1 portion (about 1 ½ cups chicken meat) Roasted chicken (see tip)
- 1 portion Coleslaw mix (see tip)
- 6 tablespoons Dressing (see tip)
- ⅓ cup fresh basil, torn
- ⅓ cup semi-dried sun-dried tomatoes
- ⅓ cup cashew nuts
- freshly ground black pepper
- 200g baby rocketarugulaX
- 1 portion Chunky roasted potato mix (see tip), to serve
1 Cook barley until tender in boiling water. Drain and place in a large serving dish. Leave to cool.
2 Add remaining ingredients to barley. Toss lightly to mix together. Season to taste. Serve with potatoes on the side or mixed into salad.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free variants as indicated for the base mix recipes (see tip), and use quinoa instead of barley.
This recipe is part of our Cook once, meals for a week feature… all it takes is one Sunday afternoon cooking session to have dinner sorted for the week ahead!
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us