Cheesy baked stuffed potatoes
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 4 medium even-sized potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- ½ cup frozen corn sweetcornXkernels, defrosted
- ½ cup chopped red capsicum
- 2 tablespoons lite sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
Total fat 5g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. On a baking tray, place potatoes. Prick with a fork and cook in the oven for 40-45 minutes, or until soft. Remove and set aside to cool. Turn oven down to 180°C.
2 When cool enough to handle, slice potatoes in half lengthwise. Into a large bowl, scoop flesh, taking care not to poke holes in the skin. Set potato skin shells aside.
3 Roughly mash potato flesh with a fork. Add onion, cheese, corn, capsicum and 1 tablespoon of the sour cream and stir to combine.
4 Scoop potato mix back into shells. Gently press then pile more in. Return potatoes to cooler oven to cook for another 10-15 minutes, or until heated through and golden on top.
5 To serve, divide potato halves among four plates and garnish with remaining sour cream and parsley.
Make it gluten free: Check sour cream is gluten free.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us